JSDD’s WAE Center is a fast paced, creative, and collaborative community of professionals dedicated to “Finding the Spark Within.”
Members and staff come together in daily life to explore, develop, and become their best selves. It is understood that our greatest asset is our adaptable team, committed to the meaningful work of this organization. Learn more about our dedicated team!
Hiring Event – May 22, 2022
Looking for a Meaningful Career?
JSDD and the WAE Center operate homes, a day program and remote classes to support adults with developmental disabilities. Every day is filled with worthwhile opportunities to support and assist people to manifest their dreams, live life with purpose and joy, while continuing to learn and explore possibilities.
- Full Time = Full Benefits
- Flexible Schedules
- Inclusive Agency Culture
- Opportunities for professional growth
Come and learn about available career opportunities!When: Sunday May 22nd
Two Sessions Available: 11am - 1pm or 3pm - 5pm
Where: 310 Eisenhower Parkway, Livingston NJ 07039
RSVP or More Information: email@example.com or (973) 272-7144.
- Applicants are entered into a raffle with three prizes: $25, $50, $100
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch on us!
- Meet current staffers and ask questions.
- Tour this state-of-the-art building and discover program details.
Where you make a difference every day!
Direct Support Professional
The WAE Center is seeking a caring and creative Direct Support Professional to support adults with developmental disabilities. The WAE Center is a holistic center serving adults with developmental disabilities. Humanistic philosophy is central to the ongoing work of JSDD and its WAE Center program.
- Facilitating small group activities.
- Assisting WAE Center members with activities of daily living.
- Assisting classroom facilitators.
- Providing transportation in company vehicle.
Two Work Schedules Available
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
- Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 3:30pm
Comparable experience with developmental disabilities and required DDD trainings a PLUS. Driving using an agency vehicle will be required. Only those with a VALID New Jersey driver's license and clean driving record will be considered.
Compensation based on experience.View Full Job Posting
The WAE Center is an innovative and person-centered program that serves adults with developmental disabilities. The Program Assistant will work onsite in our state-of-the-art facility located in Livingston, NJ.
The Program Assistant will support classroom instructors, lead group activities, and provide support to WAE Center members as appropriate. They will document the daily activities of members in Footholds/Awards (Electronic Health Record system). Represent a stable, predictable presence in the WAE to Connect program. They will be encouraged to generate creative ideas and demonstrate the ability to execute them as part of a team. Program Assistants will work as an important member of the team and assume general responsibility as it is appropriate and necessary.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Full Time w/ benefits, Mon - Fri from 8:30 am to 4:30 pmView Full Job Posting
Holistic center serving adults with developmental disabilities. This is a growing program where each therapist is a valuable and supported member of our team. Humanistic philosophy is central to the ongoing work of JSDD and its WAE Center program.
PT Speech Therapist (contractor position) - Seeking a therapist who is comfortable working independently and collaboratively. Two weekdays (between 9:30am - 2:30pm) to start.
- Work collaboratively with the therapeutic team.
- Complete evaluations and all necessary documentation.
- Recommend specialized equipment to support communication.
- Provide speech therapy as outlined in treatment plans and prescriptions.
- Offer cost-efficient treatments that help improve patient’s speech and/or dysphagia and overall ability to communicate.
- Independently manage work flow which includes allotting time for treatment documentation of individual and group treatments and notes in the electronic health record system (EHR); Foothold Technology AWARDS Program.
- Maintain NJ State Licenses required for Medicaid and Medicare billing.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities and ability levels.
- Creative problem solving skills; excellent communication and writing skills.
- Master’s Degree.
- NJ License as per N.J.A.C 13:44C and N.J.A.C 8:42.
- On site
- Day Shift
- Medical Specialty: Home Health
Interested qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
At JSDD, the expectations for quality extend beyond what services and supports may be available to what life fulfilling experiences are possible. Our philosophy supports the notion that there are no limits to those possibilities. We have developed opportunities over time through a dynamic process of establishing relationships with the agency’s residents and WAE Center members. Unexplored interests, ideas, prospects for learning, continuing education and creativity are constantly evolving and emerge as our remarkable staff and the people we support get to know each other and share experiences.
What we do
Ability is the focus of all efforts in supporting the men and women we serve. We are delighted and inspired each and every day by the insights, revelations and creative energy that emerges when respectful relationships for the gifts and talent of every individual are considered. Learning and creativity occur organically as people share themselves and develop friendships and help each other to grow.