JSDD’s WAE Center is a fast paced, creative, and collaborative community of professionals dedicated to “Finding the Spark Within.”
Members and staff come together in daily life to explore, develop, and become their best selves. It is understood that our greatest asset is our adaptable team, committed to the meaningful work of this organization. Learn more about our dedicated team!
Direct Support Professional
The WAE Center is seeking a caring and creative Direct Support Professional to support adults with developmental disabilities. The WAE Center is a holistic center serving adults with developmental disabilities. Humanistic philosophy is central to the ongoing work of JSDD and its WAE Center program.
- Facilitating small group activities.
- Assisting WAE Center members with activities of daily living.
- Assisting classroom facilitators.
- Providing transportation in company vehicle.
Two Work Schedules Available
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
- Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 3:30pm
Comparable experience with developmental disabilities and required DDD trainings a PLUS. Driving using an agency vehicle will be required. Only those with a VALID New Jersey driver's license and clean driving record will be considered.
Compensation based on experience.
Program Coordinator, WAE to Connect (Full Time)
The WAE Center is seeking a Program Coordinator for the newly established WAE to Connect program. WAE to Connect is an innovative and person-centered program that serves adults with developmental disabilities, currently all classes are online. In the coming months, WAE to Connect will add afternoon/evening wellness, arts and enrichment workshops which will be held onsite at our new location in Livingston, NJ.
The Program Coordinator will be an organized, creative thinker with strong interpersonal, and communication skills. This individual will be a responsible for planning and coordinating of all WAE to Connect activities. The right candidate will have excellent computer skills, experience learning or working remotely, a desire to work in a creative environment and have an understanding of how to develop efficient protocols and systems.
- Plan and implement a schedule of WAE to Connect classes and workshops which includes the following tasks: assist with hiring/training instructors, planning a schedule of classes for each session, preparing materials, helping instructors set-up and clean up for classes, taking attendance, occasionally facilitating classes as necessary.
- Assist in the supervision of program staff ensuring that the team is thoroughly trained and that program standards are met.
- Ensure that support to participants is provided by staff as necessary.
- Establish and maintain protocols for the program; assist with developing policy, as necessary.
- Administrative Tasks: preparing brochures, class schedules, spreadsheets, materials, inventory, compiling curriculum and lesson plans, communication with families, caregivers, perspective students and teaching staff.
- Outreach and Marketing: recruitment and promoting the program in the community.
- Oversight of documentation and record management including: Electronic Health Records, Unusual Incident Reports, attendance, timesheets, trainings, etc.
40 Hours Weekly- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Onsite: Tuesday-Thursday during class hours (typically 2-8pm) and meetings
- Remote: Administrative tasks
Interested qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
At JSDD, the expectations for quality extend beyond what services and supports may be available to what life fulfilling experiences are possible. Our philosophy supports the notion that there are no limits to those possibilities. We have developed opportunities over time through a dynamic process of establishing relationships with the agency’s residents and WAE Center members. Unexplored interests, ideas, prospects for learning, continuing education and creativity are constantly evolving and emerge as our remarkable staff and the people we support get to know each other and share experiences.
What we do
Ability is the focus of all efforts in supporting the men and women we serve. We are delighted and inspired each and every day by the insights, revelations and creative energy that emerges when respectful relationships for the gifts and talent of every individual are considered. Learning and creativity occur organically as people share themselves and develop friendships and help each other to grow.