Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled of MetroWest, Inc. (JSDD) is the lead, multi-purpose agency dedicated to providing an integrated program of community education, advocacy and services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. As part of our mission, JSDD strives to maximize the potential of individuals with developmental disabilities and promotes opportunities for their integration into the Jewish and general communities.
JSDD is dedicated to:
- Providing a safe, secure, high quality environment for those who are developmentally disabled, physically challenged or those with mental health concerns.
- Meeting the increased needs of an aging developmentally disabled population.
- Fostering a Jewish environment within its residences and ensure that Jewish values and experiences are an integral part of its programs.
- Expanding the range of its community-based services.
- Advocating for the population it services within the MetroWest Jewish community, the general community, the Division of Developmental Disabilities and government agencies.
- Expanding its fundraising capabilities.
- Providing educational programs and resource services for individuals with developmental disabilities, their families and the community.
JSDD’s Board of Trustees and professional staff have defined the highest of quality as measured, not only through their concern for health, safety and compliance, but with an eye towards true quality of life.
Who we are
At JSDD, the expectations for quality extend beyond what services and supports may be available to what life fulfilling experiences are possible. Our philosophy supports the notion that there are no limits to those possibilities. We have developed opportunities over time through a dynamic process of establishing relationships with the agency’s residents and WAE Center members. Unexplored interests, ideas, prospects for learning, continuing education and creativity are constantly evolving and emerge as our remarkable staff and the people we support get to know each other and share experiences.
What we do
Ability is the focus of all efforts in supporting the men and women we serve. We are delighted and inspired each and every day by the insights, revelations and creative energy that emerges when respectful relationships for the gifts and talent of every individual are considered. Learning and creativity occur organically as people share themselves and develop friendships and help each other to grow.