WAE (Wellness, Arts, Enrichment) Center
A holistic, creative and expressive arts learning center for people with disabilities, dedicated to “Finding the Spark Within”.
Our Distinctive Approach
- Dedication to the individual
- Unconditional acceptance
- Promoting self-expression
- Meaningful life engagement / friendship
- Embracing diversity in all aspects of our community
- Inclusion/participation in the local communities
- Working together for common goals
- Promoting the sale of artwork created by members
- Promoting employment through the development of art skills.
Who we are
At JSDD, the expectations for quality extend beyond what services and supports may be available to what life fulfilling experiences are possible. Our philosophy supports the notion that there are no limits to those possibilities. We have developed opportunities over time through a dynamic process of establishing relationships with the agency’s residents and WAE Center members. Unexplored interests, ideas, prospects for learning, continuing education and creativity are constantly evolving and emerge as our remarkable staff and the people we support get to know each other and share experiences.
What we do
Ability is the focus of all efforts in supporting the men and women we serve. We are delighted and inspired each and every day by the insights, revelations and creative energy that emerges when respectful relationships for the gifts and talent of every individual are considered. Learning and creativity occur organically as people share themselves and develop friendships and help each other to grow.