The WAE Center members and staff gathered for the annual Thanksgiving lunch. This is a time to come together as a community, share what we are thankful for and celebrate the life and memory of Scott Reich. Scott loved celebrating Thanksgiving with his friends at the WAE Center because it usually fell on his birthday. In his memory, the Reich family has continued to support this fun and meaningful tradition.
Director of the WAE Center, Harry Klein welcomed everyone and shared how thankful he is to be a part of such a diverse group that creates and celebrates inclusion every day.
“This Thanksgiving let’s cherish the strength of our community, revel in the beauty of our diversity, and reaffirm our commitment to inclusivity. Together, we stand as evidence to the power of unity, serving as a guiding light in a world seeking harmony.”
Everyone enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal including Cranberry Sauce and pumpkin cake made by the WAE Center cooking class! Afterwards, members went around the room and shared what they are feeling particularly thankful for:
- Marie thanked Zoe for being her best friend.
- Jamal sang about how he loves to be at the WAE Center with his friends.
- Roberto wished everyone a happy holiday.
- John thanked the entire WAE Center staff and wished everyone a safe holiday.
- Jay shared that he is thankful for being able to see his family and sent love to Scott.